Saturday, March 7

Growing Up


Last night I got the chance to visit Ange, one of my good out-of-towner friends. As an added bonus I got to spend some time with her 7-month-old daughter, Brooklyn, who is now crawling, and making lots of noise which I'm sure will soon become discernible baby talk!
Since this is only the third time I've seen and held baby B, I really notice how fast she is growing up! And its hard to believe that my friend, only a little older than I, gave birth to this beautiful little girl that is going to be one year old in July! It blows my mind a little!
But it seems like its that stage in life now. Everyone is growing up...
Four of my friends have gotten engaged in as many months. I'm sure there will be more diamond rings making appearances later in the year as well!
Obviously I'm really happy for each and every couple. But inevitably there is a little sadness as well. A sense of change and loss, and maybe a teensy tiny bit of envy :)

3 comments:

Kriss said...

Don't worry Jill, I'm not getting engaged any time soon so we can be envious together :)

PJ said...

haha I'm keeping a close eye on your left hand missy...those Handsome Worship-leader Winnipeggers are crazy if they haven't noticed you yet ;P

Kriss said...

Well now that you mention it there might be one...haha not really Jill. Sorry to disappoint.