I had the weirdest brain fart today. Someone asked me how old I was and I was like,
"20." NO doubt in my mind that I was 20.
My friend Lin was like,
"Um, no you're not. You're 21."
In my head I was thinking, there is NO WAY I am 21. That is too old. I'm definitely 20, I'm sure I just turned 20 in January. Then I started to think very hard, and eventually remembered that I am indeed 21, because I celebrated my 20th in Ireland. It was really strange. I mean, who the heck doesn't even know how old they are???
I was so sure that I wasn't 21. My memory is already failing me....I am soooo old. Ahhh!
5 years ago

5 comments:
I've done the same thing. Sometimes I have to calculate in my head how old I am.
Me thinking: "I was born in 1986, and now it's 2009... so that's 23 years, but I'm born in June... so I'm only 22"
I can never remember how old I am. I think it's because I always jokingly tell people that I'm 25 and I've said it so many times that I've completely forgotten my real age! lol
I have the exact same problem Jill. I think it has something to do with 21.
21 doesn't sound quite right because I think, "holy cow, I can't be turning 22 this year." So my first reaction is to say I'm 20.
I just had the same thing happen. I told someone I was 46 and another friend corrected me and said I was "only" 45! Probably very unusual to overestimate your age! Yikes, I think I AM getting old!
Post a Comment