Monday, April 27

Accident Prone

I'm beginning to think maybe I should just not get into cars anymore.
Something always goes wrong.
Remember Peppy, my beautiful shining specimen of a Honda Civic?
September '08- Day of Purchase
He shines no more.
Now he is bumped and bruised, and today something awful happened to him.
I was just merging onto the highway from Dallas, and as I picked up speed suddenly the hood flew up, smashing into the windshield!
Mike sympathizes with poor Peppy

Luckily someone pulled over and helped me tie it down so I could drive home.
There are some glass shards on my dashboard

The hood latch has always been a little "off", but I guess the last time I opened it up, it didn't close properly and it broke loose today.
Now I have to get a new hood, which probably won't be the same color as the rest of the car, a new side mirror, and a new windshield. A week before I leave.

Siiiiiiigh.

8 comments:

netablogs said...

As a mother, I just have to say I'm glad YOU (or anyone else) were not injured... a car can be fixed easily and quickly.

But, my goodness, Peppy sure did look good in the early days of ownership!

Anonymous said...

Confession: I totally chuckled at the picture of Peppy all tied up. Sorry.

Kriss said...

Oh Jill, how sad! Poor Peppy!

Amy-bitetherabbit said...

That's so freaky! glad you didn't get banged up.

Anne Geddert said...

I am SO sorry! That is a bummer. Glad you are ok and didn't freak out too much!!

PJ said...

thanks guys. Peppy and I are feeling much better now ;)
And apparently I wasn't as scared of getting into cars again as I thought I would be, since my road test was the next day, and I passed!

Auntie Sharla said...

That stinks but I'm glad you were able to pull over safely.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Freaky. Glad you're safe.