However, I polled you guys last week to see if a post of this nature would be welcome, and I discovered that almost all of you are as sick as I am! What can I say, warts are so weirdly fascinating. Just don't youtube them, ok? Cuz Katie and I did that, and I threw up a little bit in my mouth. I'm just partial to my own warts, I guess.
Ok, so when last I documented the Warty War in November, I was using a bottle of stuff called Compound W. I would soak my foot and then apply this white liquid. It was pretty harsh, but it certainly reduced the size of the warts, even though it did take a lot of skin with it! Seriously...it was disgusting. My toes were peeling, red, and raw, and they would really hurt after being on my feet all day at school. This isn't even the worst picture of it. I didn't want to gross you guys out too bad.
At one point my smallest wart on one of my toes was sticking out, and all the skin around it had peeled off, so I picked and picked, until the wart came off.
Eventually my Compound W dried up, and my warts were still there. Even the one I picked off came back.It was a time of deep despair.
I left them alone for a while, thinking maybe there would be a delayed result from the medication.No such luck.
They started growing again, and I reeeeally don't want more than 3 warts, so when my mom brought home a little bottle of Oil of Oregano (which apparently cures everything from sore throats, to warts, to cancer...ok, that last one has not been confirmed....) I decided to give it a go.
The process is basically the same as before: soak the foot for 10 minutes, the wart will open up (it really does...like a flower. Gross!) and then put a little drop of the oil on.
It doesn't hurt, and it doesn't kill the skin around the wart, so its an improvement I think!I was doing it regularly for about a week or two, and I noticed the wart started getting little dark specks in it. Naturally, I got the camera out and zoomed in. And then cropped and zoomed some more! Here is what I saw...prepare yourselves.
EEEWWWWWWWW!!! See all those little strands? Yuck!! Some are dark, and some are still white. I think its a good sign when they go dark.There hasn't been much progress since this pic was taken, and one of the warts on my toes is getting pretty hefty, so it might be time to switch to a new treatment.
I hear apple cider vinegar works. And covering it with clear nail polish is supposed to suffocate it.
Hey, its worth a try!
Finding a fail-proof wart cure might be my life calling.

4 comments:
Yay for Oil Of Oregano - it's my cure-all of choice lately (sore throats, colds, etc).
I guess I'll have to add warts to the list now.
I almost didn't read the post because those pics are gross...thanks!
Let me know when you find that magical cure. I've got a couple on my finger I'm trying to get rid of.
I'm pretty sure you should consider just amputating your foot and 'cutting' your losses.
:D
duct tape with the oil of oregano might do the trick...
Post a Comment