Saturday, April 18

Rice Bowl Rescue

As many of you have probably already read on my Facebook status, today I did a very stupid thing.
Feeling highly motivated to get some chores done this morning, I tossed a load of laundry into the wash without searching the pockets of my pants and hoodies.
Unfortunately, nestled within the clothes was my cell phone. It endured a full cycle, and was discovered at the bottom after I'd pulled all the soggy laundry out.
I didn't feel so enthusiastic about chores after that.
I tried drying it out with a blow-drier set on cool, and leaving it in the breeze via my windowsill.
Then I turned to my friends on Facebook, who almost definitely have more knowledge on this subject than I do! Cell phones go through so much.
You guys didn't let me down!

Apparently letting the phone sit in rice for a couple days will draw the moisture out, and save the phone. I'm going to give it a try. Since I'm moving down to the island in a couple weeks, I will definitely need a phone, and I kinda don't want to spend any money on a new one!!
So we'll see if this rice thing works...I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Amy - BiteTheRabbit said...

Good luck, Jill. I really hope it dries up for ya.

If worse comes to worse, put out a call on Facebook to see if anyone has a spare phone from your carrier. I know a few people (my sis included) who have landed a loaner phone for the remainder of their contract.

Anonymous said...

Sucky. Glad to see it worked though.