Wednesday, May 6

First Day

So...my first (and second) day in the kitchen has come and gone.
Its been really good so far.
The Chef is so relaxed. He used to run the Lovin' Oven pizza place on Quadra Island. That should tell you a lot about him right there! Great guy. He also has a funny French accent which is not like a snooty stuck-up French accent, but a kind of...I don't even know. Its just great. And hilarious. Sometimes he and the other chef that comes in sometimes, Renee, will just start going off in French throwing English words in at random. It makes me giggle.

The other girls in the kitchen are really nice. Apparently this Saturday I will be cooking with one of them for the staff...just us. Kinda scared, but it will be fun because we both want to do something cool. I just hope we can pull it off!

Its still raining and cold. I'm so glad I bought a new rain jacket just before I came. Its perfect.

Anyway I'm going to head up to one of the girls' houses. I feel like I should be social and get to know some people, and a bunch of them are hanging out there tonight. I hope I can find it. The property seems so huge and confusing to me. Now I know how newbies at Homewood must feel!

I am missing you and the warmth of the Kamloops sun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, we woke up to cold and rain this morning.

Amy - BiteTheRabbit said...

Cool, Jill! Sounds like everything is going smoothly!