I don't have any pictures yet...mostly because it has been downpouring since I got here and all you would see is RAIN!
Its a beautiful spot...way closer to the road than I expected, and I haven't seen all the property yet either. I've been stowed away in the staff housing up the hill called "the Annex". Its a pretty bare bones little building, and I'm sharing my room with a girl from NZ named Catherine.
The people here are cool, and pretty hardcore outdoorsy type! I keep thinking that this would be the perfect place for Mike.
The Chef's name is Jessie. He is probably late twenties, early thirties, with a beard and ponytail. He seems pretty laid-back, and excited that I am a "real" cook....now I'm scared! Haha...he seems really nice though. I start in about an hour.
I am really regretting not bringing more warm clothes! I guess because it felt so much like summer in Kamloops, I thought it would be the same here. They said it might snow this week!!!
I slept in my sleepingbag under my duvet last night to stay warm :)
Other than the cold, and just the general "newbie" feeling, I'm doing well and looking forward to being here for the next couple months.
As you may have gathered, I DO have an internet connection up here. However it is notoriously unreliable, especially in bad weather, and there are dozens of staff who want to use the same computer, so I don't know how often I will be able to get on.
Anyway, I love to have lots of little messages from people when I do get on, so drop me a line here or facebook and you will make my day!
I will put up pictures as soon as weather, time, and computer-access permits!
5 years ago

7 comments:
Glad to hear that you made it and that you do have some internet access. Hopefully the weather will warm up a bit so you don't freeze!
I'm amazed it's still that cold there. Is that normal for this time of year? Keep warm, don't chop off any fingers - and I'll keep checking for posts!
Good to hear from you and I will be praying for you. Have fun! Sounds like a place Liz would like too! I am not too sure she would like cooking though =)
mmm...So excited for you Jill...can't wait to read more updates =)
I miss you already!
You being away at Homewood and Ireland, I got used to "knowing" you via the blog, but since you were back for awhile, I grew accustomed to our real-life misadventures!
A new place is lots of fun though.
Can't wait to see pictures.
Ahhh...I am basking in de light (get it? delight? ha!) of all these comments. You are such lovely and loyal readers.
Danica- I am RIGHT in the mountains here. Like seriously, there is a peak encrusted with snow just across the lake. Beautiful...but cold!
Anne- I'm sure Liz would love it here. Its probably quite similar to Frontier. She might even like the kitchen, too ;)
Bekah- I keep telling myself its only 4 months and its gonna fly!
To be honets, I am getting tired of always being in a different place, and I can't wait to just settle down and hang out this fall :D
whatever honets is.
Post a Comment