As we were leaving Coombs I spotted a sign by the side of the road that said "Dutch Imports: 4km". Being the good little Dutch girl that I am (well the maternal half, anyway) I eagerly insisted that we check it out. I smelled dropjes!
It was easy to find. A vibrant orange sign, and the above tourist attractions made it pretty obvious! It took .5 seconds for me to whip out my camera and get these shots.
Then we explored the inside. It was so funny! Just like being in a Dutch tourist shop. Magnets declaring "I love Oma", and traditional white hats, and Dutch soccer jerseys, and lots of Delft...And there was food. Lots of weird food packaged in Dutch so I couldn't understand.
My favorite part was located in the far right side of the store. Bins and bins of dropjes in bulk. All my favorites, and many more I haven't ever tried before! Cole was disgusted of course, but that didn't stop her from trying out the little dropjes labeled "Extremely salty! Go ahead and feel free to try a sample!". I loved 'em, but she spit hers out. Big surprise!I'm not going to lie: I spent an exorbitant amount on dropjes that day, and I've enjoyed every moment eating them.
We also spent a lot of time chatting with the store owners. They were the nicest people...probably because they were Dutch. And they own the best store ever.

3 comments:
I have yet to try a dropje. I'm curious though.
Now that's a place I'm going to have to check out the next time I'm on the Island!
Love that picture of you sitting in the "klompen" :)
Bring me dropjes, please.
I'm still carefully rationing the bag that Seth graciously donated from his Euro trip.
Post a Comment