It has been so hot here these days.
Its reminding me why I don't miss Kamloops summers. Because they are always this hot.
And I can't stand it.
I am not a hot weather person. I get cranky and irritable and my brain begins to melt out my ears.
Its especially awful when you work in the kitchen where the ovens are blasting hot air, and there are open flames on the stove, and the dishwasher is pumping out steam, and all you can think about it is the possibility of spontaneous combustion, and the sweat trickling down your back.
I've been drinking so much water this week, but I'm always thirsty, and my throat is always dry.
My skin is permanently sticky and its grossing me out! Not to mention having dreads in this weather is like wearing a perma-tuque. I guess that will be nice in the Fall...
Sorry for being such a whiner.
But...
Today it was 39 degrees in the shade.
Outside.
Not in the kitchen.
5 years ago

3 comments:
I'm having a bit of trouble feeling sorry for you because I'm too busy feeling sorry for myself. We've hit 42 degrees (in the shade) the last couple of days and it's looking like we'll have the same again today.
I think everyone is wallowing in self-pity and sweat these days....
It. Is. Hot.
Out of curiosity- how's the hair in the heat?
Post a Comment