Every so often this memory comes to me, and I think, "Man, that is so freaky..."
It is scene that plays in my head, where a tall male mannequin magically comes to life in a department store. That's all that I remembered, but when I was little it scared me SO much, that I can still picture the mannequin quite clearly in my head, and for years I was wary of mannequins when my mom took us shopping to The Bay.
Well, oddly enough while Kate was writing "Today's Special" on the chalkboard menu, one of the instructors walked by and said, "Wow! That's what that show was called. I was just talking to someone and trying to explain this old 80's tv show to them, but I couldn't remember the name. It was called 'Today's Special!"
I asked him what the premise of the tv show was. He told me it was about a mannequin that came to life at night.
It was a turning point in my life.
At last I can be assured that this sick and twisted vision was not of my brain's own making. Instead I was only traumatized as a young child.
Here is a youtube clip of the show. Its so weird seeing this after all these years....maybe now I can begin to piece my life back together.

3 comments:
I remember the name of that show!! But I don't remember anything about it. Can't wait to see the clip!
Oh, I just watched the clip and memories came flooding back!!
Remember Fred Penner's Place with 'Word Bird'? And he'd crawl through that log? I LOVED that show, so you kids had to watch it, too. :)
That is weird.
Post a Comment