It was a great day and I was having fun.
Spending time with a wonderful friend on a beautiful beach.
The Ocean was warm, and we dipped in our toes, and then waded.
I fell in, and decided to go swimming.
We tossed our things on the shore and frolicked in the salty water, seaweed, and sand.
Splashing, dancing away from fish and crabs, laughing...never realizing the sinister force at work.
Time passes quickly when you're having fun. We finally turn back.
Where are our things?
A little worry grows. Did we leave them further up? Did we drift away from them? Did someone take our stuff?
I think it was here.
Karissa plunges a hand into the murky shallows, and retrieves a sopping, seaweedy mess.
Conflict of emotions:
Hurray we found our stuff! My glasses are not washed away!
Oh no! My camera...!
I open the case and a flood of seawater comes out.
The lens is swimming with liquid destruction.
Foul tide! Sneaky and silent and lethal as a ninja, Poseidon has claimed another victim.
No last pictures of friends around the lodge, no candid snaps at the upcoming wedding...
There will be a gaping hole, a festering wound, in my scrapbook of 2009.
This will be a loss keenly felt.
5 years ago

7 comments:
Oh NO!!!! not your beloved camera?! It took such great pics... but then again, maybe it was YOU that took the great pictures. You may borrow my camera, however inferior it may be, for the wedding.
See you soon!
Remember to take your memory chip home...it may be salvageable
Ahh, it appears it may be time to start upping the dosages of Ginko Biloba dear sis. Appears that acute absent mindedness travels through the females in the fam.
Muhahah.
- Ever caring bro
it wasn't forgetfulness, it was simply not realizing how swift and treacherous the sea is!
Oh man. That sucks. Sorry for your loss.
The Pacific ocean has claimed yet another victim. :P Wasn't Andrew Geddert's camera washed away in the ocean too.
Hopefully you'll be able to replace it relatively soon. I love you pictures.
My sympathies. I am truly, truly sorry.
Post a Comment