When I returned from Ireland, a few of my houseplants were, shall we say, in need of some TLC. Some (like my English Ivy...that's a post for another day) were beyond help, and I feared my Jasmine was among them. Once the dead branches were pruned, and the crispy leaves bushed aside, there remained but a few sharp brown twigs sticking out of the pot. You can see them in this picture.
You can also see that it has been brought back to health, and three lively green shoots have sprung up since then. Its been a long journey, and I wondered if it would ever return to its former glory. This plant used to be quite bushy and frequently dotted with fragrant white blossoms. Well, today I celebrate because one of its 3 buds have opened, and I have a beautiful white bloom!
I am very happy.Update #2:
Its been one week since I got (my warts) tortured at the walk-in clinic.
They are not nearly as sore as they were, and are now beginning to darken.
The doctor said they should be gone within 2 weeks, so they have seven days to skedaddle.
Ps. I hear putting Apple Cider Vinegar on warts is supposed to get rid of them...maybe I should have tried that. It might have been less painful!
Speaking of Apple Cider Vinegar....Helpful Trick:
We get bombarded with fruit flies at our house every now and then.
And lately its been more now than then.
I've found a way to get rid of them, and it really works!
I got a shallow dish, poured in some Apple Cider Vinegar (the fruity smell attracts them), and covered it with plastic cling wrap. Then I poked holes with a fork.The flies smell the vinegar, climb in the holes, and then eventually fall into the liquid and drown because they can't crawl out!
The picture shows the second batch of victims. The first batch was even more successful!

2 comments:
I just want to say Jill, that every time i see a picture of your ( friends) i want to throw up....it's the whole picture thing that gets me, all other stuff is alright though!
Gary is still fighting with his wart too but hasn't resorted to getting it burned off...yet. I hope yours go away and stay away!
Post a Comment