Friday, September 25

Student Survival

I lived through my culinary encounter.
I actually got so nervous when I walked into the building, I almost didn't go into his office. This feeling that I was a disappointment, a traitor even, was unbelievably strong, and I didn't want to face the conflict ahead.
At 12:30 the cafeteria was buzzing, which was really good, since when I started last September it wasn't nearly as full that early in the year. I like to think this is because we impressed the campus with our skillz last year, and now they know the caf actually exists.
Anyway I got the dreaded conversation over with, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was nice to hear that they wanted me back, but I don't think that is in my future. I got my cheque, had a delicious lunch (Pad Thai, served up by one of my friends from the class under me), and saw some old classmates. It was nice, and I walked out $75 richer (uniform damage deposit).

Unfortunately, other student-related issues have come up. Turns out my student loan is not satisfied with my soul, it wants my firstborn as well.
The friggen retarded BC Student Loan sent me a bill today, telling me its time to pay up! It's a relatively small sum they are asking for, which wouldn't be so bad-- if I hadn't already paid every last freaking dollar to them on September 2!
This is soooo frustrating. I have no idea where they got this number from, but I don't want to pay it, and now I have to drive out to the bank and get it all sorted out, and I just KNOW they are gonna tear the money from my cold dead hands. I'll stammer and protest, and they will spout off their garbley snarbally nonsense and in the end I will have to pay.
Stupid!
I really hate student loans, and I am sorry I ever got one.

No comments: