
You feel a thrill of delight, as you shrug into it, feeling the heavy woolen weight on your shoulders.
As you pull up the zipper, the warmth is sealed in.
The air outside is crisp and bitingly cold. Your nose tingles; your hands dive into the shelter of your pockets.
You are warm. You are stylin'. You are Canadian.
I love Cowichan sweaters. I love their patterns, I love their colors, and I love that they are one thing that we Canadians can call our own (along with Maple Syrup and...?). I also love that they are warm.
I've always wanted one of my own. Maybe with a fox on it, since I love foxes.
Interesting...I just stumbled across a few articles while googling the sweaters, and found out there's a big to-do over Cowichan Sweaters and the Olympics.
What do you think about the sweaters? Ugly? Fashionable? Do you own one, or wouldn't be caught dead in one?
If you read the article, do you think the government made a mistake, or is everyone making a big deal about nothing?

4 comments:
Did you find one?
My mom loves them. Haha, you should get your mom to knit you one.
No I haven't found one yet...has your mom knitted one before? Maybe she could teach my mom :)
I am disiniterested in both the Olymics and the govenment at this moment in time.
Maple syrup on the other hand, now that's something to get excited about.
Speaking of Maple Syrup, its gone up in price, have you noticed? $17.99 for one litre! That's robbery!
Post a Comment