Monday, October 19

Disney Top 5!

As most of you know, my love for Disney is akin to my love for chocolate...and food in general.
So that's a pretty big love.
While I do enjoy most/all Disney animated classics, there are only a few I can really watch over and over and over again!


1. Robin Hood
A true classic! This film came out in 1973, so its really from "the good ol' days"! Hand-drawn, full of continuity blunders, amazing voice acting which must be 90% improv, and catchy tunes, Robin Hood has won my heart forever. Its true, my first crush was a fox.
EDIT: does anyone else find it strange that this favorite is one of the few Disney classics that have not been mutilated with a cheap sequel? Not that I'm complaining!


2. Beauty & The Beast
Ok seriously now...I'm torn about placing this one second, because it is a mind-blowingly good movie, not to mention the first Disney I owned. I think sometimes it gets thrown in your face so much during those weird Disney Classic promos, that we forget how awesome it truly is. Its more than just the shot of Belle & the Beast dancing under that huge vaulted ceiling with the naked babies cherubs...there are several good reasons it won Best Original Score I could hum for you, and a billion good reasons it was nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars!
I love this movie. I. love. this. movie.


3. 101 Dalmations
I grew up with this movie. Some of my earliest memories are going to my cousin Julie's house and watching 101 Dalmations. I must have been 4 years old. We had the whole thing memorized, and would act it out...Julie always got to be Purdy, and I was always Pongo...I think I might possibly need some counselling now.
Besides all that, again the hand-drawn animation and jazzy, old-school soundtrack give my nostalgic little heart the warm fuzzies.


4. Mulan
A bit more "modern", but classic nonetheless. Amazing animation (love the opening credits...), great sing-a-longs, and hilarious quotes. What more can you really ask for in a Disney?


5. The Emperors New Groove
Now I'm really straying from my roots. I don't even know if this classifies as a classic, but what the heck. It makes me laugh SO hard...I watched it in theatres for my 13th birthday, and I don't think I stopped laughing once through the whole movie. Its brilliant.

So those are my Top 5!
What are yours?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Robin Hood and 101 Dalmations as well. I also really like Lady & The Tramp (makes me crave spaghetti every time!), Peter Pan and The Jungle Book.

PJ said...

Peter Pan was a contender for my Top 5...I think I just haven't spent enough time with him...don't know him well enough :)

mumsy said...

Beauty and Beast is definitely one of my faves. I think Fantasia was epic! A little scary at times, but so creative!!!

M said...

The Emperor's New Groove is actually one of my favorite movies in general not to mention Disney specific.

That movie is too good for words.

Anne Geddert said...

Robin Hood is definitely #1! Jungle Book would be in there somewhere as well as Beauty and the Beast and Lady and the Tramp. Condor Man isn't animated but one of our top 5!

Anonymous said...

Robin Hood is also my favorite! My kids just saw it for the first time and I HAD to watch ot with them.

Other than that, I liked Aladdin, the Lion King, Fantasia, and the Emperor's New Groove. Oh, then I saw Anne said the Jungle Book and I have to add that too!