I am coming down with a cold now.
I was sneezing last night at work, and then when I woke up early this morning my throat was like a gravel road. On a rocky mountain. With sand.
Being the kind of person that believes sleep cures most ailments, I rolled over, and went back to dreamland for a couple hours.
When I got up, it was much better, but I feel like I have to do all that I can to keep it at bay.
As soon as I get the proper ingredients, I will introduce your to Taryn's Elixer for the Common Cold, which my one of my very good friend's from Strathcona used to cure everyone at the lodge when we were all suffering from sore throats and sniffles.
Until then, I do not have the strength or will to come up with interesting blog topics.
So today I bring you another Strathcona special, which we cooks discussed because we spent numerous hours in the kitchen working with our hands and not our minds, and had nothing better to do...
The statement in question was,
Women Place More Value in Beauty Than Men Do.
Bear in mind, it is acknowledged to be a generalized statement, which means obviously not everyone is the same...therefore, "Women in General," and "Men in General" would be more accurate wording.
Also, we are not talking specifically Physical Beauty. This is just Beauty in General.
We really had to word our discussion statements carefully over there.
It got pretty intense.
So what do you think?
I know I have both male and female readers, so I'd love to hear from both sides...
5 years ago

5 comments:
Maybe it depends on what you're defining as beautiful. A brand new motorbike a new shotgun or Megan Fox may be beautiful to a male, but not a female.
Good point. Its hard to pin down a definition of beauty.
For this discussion, lets go with this one:
"Beauty- a combination of qualities that delights the aesthetic senses"
However, I'm not entirely convinced it would matter what the object/thing was...if it were aesthetically pleasing, I think both genders can appreciate it...but which one would value aesthetics more?
Does this even make any sense?
"Beauty- a combination of qualities that delights the aesthetic senses." Who's aethetic senses? Again, the beholder. It's hard to define what beauty really is.
Beauty - "The quality that gives pleasure to the mind or senses and is associated with such properties as harmony of form or color, excellence of artistry, truthfulness, and originality."
I think the difference in male/female perception of beauty comes in the interpretation and communication of ones understanding of beauty. "What a gorgeous sunset!" "Wow, she's really hot." Not exactly along the same lines of beauty comprehension, but they follow the definition. Would a man be able to admit that he thought a sunset was gorgeous? Not likely. It's not that he didn't appreciate it, but he certainly wouldn't communicate that or even know how.
I...its not...appreciate...its value...
I know what I'm trying to say, but I can't word it properly...its too complex for my poor little brain that is stuffed up with a head cold.
Thanks for humoring me, though!
If you mean women place more value in beautifying THEMSELVES AND THEIR SURROUNDINGS than men spend in beautifying THEMSELVES AND THEIR SURROUNDINGS, then yes, I would agree, although there are always exceptions and we all probably know a few.
Post a Comment