Its not that I don't enjoy buying presents.I do. And I love giving presents. Especially for-no-reason presents. I think those are the best. Which might be why I have a problem with birthdays and Christmas...buying presents under pressure. Its like my imagination shuts down, and I can't remember what people like, or what they want.
Most of the time, I just put it off until the last minute, and then scramble to get something that might work.
This year I'm changing my style.
I've begun to "collect" gifts throughout the year, saving them for the right opportunity. So far, I like the outcome. It really takes the pressure off, and you know for sure that its something that person will like, because you saw it and KNEW, instead of went searching for something.
Admittedly, I didn't have a whole lot of gifts accumulated for Christmas, but I have been brainstorming ideas, so I am very, very far ahead of my usual schedule of Christmas Eve shopping!
There are only a couple people left on my list that I have no idea what to get. But I'm hoping by the end of the month, everything will be bought and wrapped, and I can relax and enjoy the rest of the season.

3 comments:
Isn't it nice to know it's all finished well ahead of time? No stress. The only thing that can go wrong with this whole scheme is if the person goes out and buys the item for themselves before you can give them your gift. So far that hasn't happened to me. Knock on wood!
Sounds like you'd be a good person to give my Christmas shopping list to. I have a feeling I'm going to be late this year!
Sonya- worst case scenario has already occurred once this year...that is also the benefit of early shopping, I have time to recover!
Post a Comment