However, I do maintain that the action was necessary.
It was nice to have something different.

It was fun.

But it was beginning to look...messy.

Not exactly the sleek, uniform dreads I was hoping for.
Some were skinny little tangles, some were wobbly and twisted, some were massive "merged" dreads...and some strands wouldn't dread at all. (see that tiny one on the right hand side of my head there? sigh)
So I broke down, bought some conditioner, and combed them out over the course of two days, and with lots of help from my mom.I can say without a doubt, it was far more time-consuming and PAINFUL to take them out than to put them in. And that is saying something.
I sort of miss them. But I was getting frustrated. However, that is NOT to say that I wouldn't do them again. I would. In a second. I would just be careful to make them larger, especially in the back, and to weed out those wigglies early on, when they can be straightened out.
And so passes another era.
I'm getting my hair cut tonight. I might post pictures later.

2 comments:
Oh sad day! I was vicariously living my dream of having dreads through you...what will I do now?!
What!? No picture of the combing out process? No after picture? I'm disappointed.
Post a Comment