Saturday, November 28

V-Town

I am currently in Victoria, visiting my dear friend Barb. 
The purpose of this weekend visit was originally to go through a Introductory Massage course at the West Coast College of Massage Therapy, but since it was full, I decided to come down anyway and simply get a tour of the college and check it out. I'm already falling in love with this quaint and vibrant city...
Barb lives in the neighbourhood of Fernwood, which is the most beautiful area...it looks so European, at times I am reminded of Ireland. She and her roommates are renting the most adorable heritage house...it is like Patty's Place...I really am dying from the awesomeness of this whole thing. I can't lie: it makes me want to move down here ASAP. I know its kinda dumb, but I just love being on the Island, it just feels like home to me. 
After I came across on the ferry last night, Barb and I hung out for a bit, ate at the coolest  place...so delicious....watched "The Road" (one of the most terrifying/horrifying movies I have ever seen...yet very interesting at the same time...though I can't think of many people who would enjoy it) and then returned to the house and we talked about many philosophical things until 3AM. A great night.
I woke up early, and finished the book I have been working through since September, and then we ate at The Blue Fox Cafe and I got the most deeeeeeelious breakfast and again we talked about many deep and intriuging matters. 
This afternoon I have begun reading a new book (Love in the Time of Cholera), learned to play "Labrynth", a super awesome and strategic board game, and now...blogging. Tonight I visit some Homewood friends, and then who knows. 
Tomorrow there is basically nothing on the agenda, and Monday morning I get my tour, and then head home. 
Barb has a friend who is in the massage therapy program that I'm looking into, so I am hoping to meet up with him at some point and ask a few questions. I really hope that I can get a feel for what its like, and if I want to do this. The next introductory classes would be in April, and then I would know for sure I guess. If this is going to happen, I also need to make a LOT of money before next September, which means that there had better be a message for me on the machine from a prospective employer! So far I have got no response from the resumes I have put out, or my follow-ups. 
This blog post is turning into verbal diarrhea, so I'm gonna head out now. 
I'm sorry I have no pictures for you of this lovely place, but I am camera-less :(
Ok, well that's all for now. 

2 comments:

mumsy said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Have a wonderful Sunday and Monday!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. I love visiting Victoria.