It is nearly December 1st.
Only a 1/2 hour left, before I have to give in and admit that the Christmas Season has arrived.
I will not allow Christmas music, or decorations of any kind until December, because:
a. I am a bit of a control freak
b. There have got to be some limits set so that Christmas doesn't take over the entire calendar and become mundane and worn out before the 25th.
c. all of the above.
If you answered C. than you may be onto something.
When my mom gets home on Wednesday I have no doubt the wreaths and velvet poinsettas will bust out, the "gingerbread" and "candycane" candles will be lit, and a new Christmas CD will be drifting through the house.
And then the great Christmas Tree debate that we have every year will resume.
When do we get one? Will it be real or fake?
Things often get quite intense around here at Christmas, because despite the fact that our family has celebrated the holiday together almost every year, we each have our own preferences on exactly how to do it, and mine especially has a specific timeline on what is appropriate and when.
Are you the type of person that would love to have Christmas all year round, or do you wish it would stick strictly to the 25th of December? Or perhaps somewhere in between...
5 years ago

5 comments:
I certainly wouldn't want to have Christmas all year round. That would ruin it's specialness. Normally I like to bust out the Christmas stuff on December 1st, but as you well know, this year we decorated near the start of November. So far I've found it to be a positive experience.
I can't WAIT to get home and begin the GREAT DEBATE!
I vote for setting up about December 20th and foregoing all thought of gifts. The gift of all my family around me is enough (ahhhhhhhh) And then take down January 1st and not a day later.
Sonya, its true I don't understand the whole decorating-before-December thing myself, but its obvious you enjoy every day of the (pre)Christmas season! :D
I like the thought of setting up a (REAL) tree on the 20th, but somehow I think that will go over about as well as having a present-less Christmas at our house! :)
It's Dec 1 and the girls and I are setting up today. We usually choose the first, but occasionally do Christmas an entire month - starting Nov 25. But I don't think I could stand it any earlier than that.
I love Christmas and I go all out, but if you stretch it on too long it becomes tedious. Keep it short, sweet and special.
BTW, did your mom pass on the e-mail about the microwave? Do you want it?
Post a Comment