Monday, January 18

She Knows Me Too Well

I used to be a pretty organized, schedule-loving, list-making, give-me-a-weeks-notice, kind of girl. But somewhere near the end of my teens (perhaps under the hippie influenced air of Quadra Island?) I began to let go of my uptight ways, and morphed into a more spontaneous, adventurous, "you-want-to?-ok-lets-go!" me.
Especially while living out in the boonies this past summer at Strathcona Park Lodge, where internet access was sketchy and cell phones get no reception, I became the person that would call at 9AM and say "Hey its my day off, and I'm driving into Campbell River now...wanna hang out?", or even more likely, 9PM, "Hey I just got off work and tomorrow is my weekend...wanna hang out?"
It was sort of a running joke between my friend Karissa and I, so I laughed when I received this birthday present in the mail.
Its perfect.

6 comments:

Trevor said...

Haha! thats one of the coolest things i have ever seen =)
Awesome gift

Anne Geddert said...

I LOVE it!

Happy Happy birthday by the way, since I missed saying it to you on the actual day. I hope this year is a great one for you.

Anonymous said...

That is a TERRIFIC clock! And yes, definitely suits the new you. :)

Kriss said...

I so happy that you love it! And that you blogged about it; it makes me feel special.

Cardinal's Cove said...

That is an awesome gift! ha! I love it!

I guess it's late, but Happy Birthday Jill!

Ryan

Anonymous said...

Awesome. So cute.