Sunday, January 17

Twenty-Two

It feels no different than 21, it just sounds a little more mature to me, perhaps because everyone associates 21 as the age that frees you from all "restrictions" and people tend to go a little nuts with that!
Carrot Birthday Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

Yes, it was my birthday yesterday. Our family doesn't really tend to make much of a fuss about birthdays so it was a very low-key day. I went shopping for a camera in the morning with my dad, because my parents and eldest brother decided to make me the happiest by pitching in some $ to replace my old one that perished in the ocean this past summer.
I bought a Sony Cybershot H20, which is an upgraded model of my previous camera. So far I'm thrilled with it! I loved my old camera, and my only real complaint about it was bad indoor and low-light pictures. This newer model is improved in that area, so that is very exciting!!
Its also slightly more compact, and a little sleeker...I like.
My car-smart youngest brother gave Peppy an oil change (THANKS TIMO!) and I was delighted to receive a mini food processor from Mike and Katie! I'm so stoked about that because it spells H-U-M-M-U-S and P-E-S-T-O and a myriad of other culinary delights I've been dying to make!
We went to Chapters Viewpoint for a nice dinner, lacking only the wit of brother Paul, who was in Vancouver enjoying a 6-2 win for the Canucks vs. Penguins.
Family Shot

I tried Escargot for the first time!

Kind of a funny shot of my first bite

I have to say though, it was a very odd birthday to me, that didn't quite feel like a birthday, because there is simply NO SNOW! It looks like late Spring out there!!! Sunny, mild, and bare...?!?!?! what the heck? Besides the birthday I spent in Ireland, every single one of my birthdays has been well endowed with snow! It felt really strange, and not quite right.
I want the snow back.

Unbelievable.

6 comments:

mumsy said...

Nice pics, Jill! Glad you liked your birthday presents!

The birds were singing in the trees today (perhaps a birthday tune or welcoming Spring?) --
I'm sure there's more snow on the way, though!

Becks said...

Happy belated birthday...! We must get together soon and have a post birthday event with some girls...too bad we can't relive the garbage bag/diaper sledding this year.

Nice pictures!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Did you have the Chapter's salad? It's my favorite salad of all time.

Have fun with your birthday gifts! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.

Cardinal's Cove said...

What a nice family. :) Makes me miss mine ... :( Oh well, I'll see them in a month! :)

Sounds like a great day!

Hope all is well, haven't seen you in forever!

PJ said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!
Sonya, I didn't get the Chapters salad, I got the Fiesta Chicken...which came with that DELICIOUS deep-fried bread and honey butter...I could have gorged on that alone!