It happens to me a lot. Mostly because when I find a novel I really like, I keep reading, and reading, and reading...and then its over too soon.
This weekend I read, The Man In The Brown Suit by Agatha Christie.
For me it was perfect.I love mysteries, mostly because I try to figure things out as I read but I'm really awful at it, so its always a surprise at the end!
Excellent characters...very convincing, and varied.
I loooooved the heroine. I wish I was her. I'm probably the farthest thing from, but that's what books are for anyway: living vicariously.
The humor in the book was...I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful. Its so rare to find people that have just your sense of humor, much less books.
Romance...hilarious. Totally crazy, but totally awesome.
Sigh.
It was lovely.
And actually the pacing was great, but its just one of those books you enjoy so much you don't want it to end, even though you know it needs to in order to be so great.
Maybe I'll just read it again.

5 comments:
You know, I can't say I remember ever having read an Agatha Christie. Is it a mystery? I thought she wrote mysteries. Hmmm. I hate it when a great book ends. Maybe that's why I like writing lit crit papers so much. I can just keep going back into it and finding new cool bits and themes and stuff.
"but that's what books are for anyway: living vicariously."
That's what video games are for guys.
I read a couple of Agatha Christie books in my teen years. Maybe I should read some more of them.
I love Agatha Christie!
Danica-- I'd only read "and then there were none" quite a few years ago (loved that one too, only it was much darker), but I think I'm going to have to read more of her! She's awesome. Did you know she's the third bestseller, after Shakespeare and the Bible??
Ryan-- yeah, except reading books allows you to do more than just run around and shoot people! And besides, I've got terrible hand/eye coordination, so I'll stick to my books :)
Sonya-- you definitely should. Start with this one! It was sweet.
Anne-- I think I'm going to love her too. :D
Post a Comment