
A few weeks ago you met Girlie (who, for originality reasons, spells her name "ie" instead of "y", just in case you were curious).
Today you get to meet Beebs.
I'm surprised I haven't blogged about Beebs yet. She is one of the great loves of my life. I think I was 11 when I adopted her from the Humane society- the best $30 I ever spent.
She was about 9 months at that point, and had just had kittens so she looked like a feline greyhound! Very skinny and gaunt (she is now the exact opposite). And one thing I noticed as we picked her up from the place she was staying-- she hated the other cats.
Now, this has never been a really huge problem.Except that recently the temperature here has suddenly dropped, and its snowing like crazy, and poor little Girlie is freezing cold in the garage!!! I KNOW cats have survived out-of-doors for centuries....BUT....I feel so bad seeing skinny little Girlie in the cold, while ol' "tub-of-lard" Beebs who has enough insulation for two cats sits warm and cozy by the fire! It doesn't seem right.
My greatest fears are a cat-fight where Beebs gets beat up (she's not too swift in the self-defense department), and Girlie can't come in the house again, but will want to, now that she'll have experienced the warmth.
What to do?!

9 comments:
Let the poor shivering kitty in the house . . . do I have to come over there young lady???
um...trade them both in for a dog?
quiet, you! Beebs is better than any slobbering mutt!
Aunty D, I plead her case, and Girlie is staying in the laundry room tonight. We'll see how it goes...
Oh Jill, you managed to get the kitten into the house! Good job. I'm glad that she isn't freezing to death tonight (just kidding, I'm sure she would have been fine). You should more pictures of her up. I want to see more of her cuteness. :)
There's only one option: make a miniature wrestling ring and have the two cats fight to be indoors and for your love. It's the only way.
At the group home the kitten lives outside. It is -30 atleast at night these last couple days and the cat is fine. Probably a little cold, but he has another cat that he snuggles with. I do feel sorry with it when I look out on the deck and see them huddled together... That's the life of a country cat i guess.
I always feel sorry for animals out in the cold. I used to bring my German Shepherd in the house when my mom and dad went out so she could warm up. You know you can buy heated cat houses that you plug in. My parents just got one for their cat.
Whatever you do, don't let Oma know that your keeping a cat in the garage...she might send you a HUGE bag of kitty food from Costco, along with instructions of how to get them to eat as much as possible.
I'm feeling comment deja-vu...did I already tell you this?
I don't know Ame...the weird thing is, I think you did...but I don't know when or where. WEIRD.
Thed: I have absolutely no doubt Beebs loves me best, and I her,...but...I also have no doubt she would be beaten to a pulp. Otherwise, great idea!!! haha....
Post a Comment