I decided to research what the most *peaceful* solution to introducing the two kitties would be . After reading a few articles it seemed to break down into 3 basic steps...
*Have the kitties in separate rooms, swap 'em now and then and let them sniff each others scents without having a face to face confrontation.
*Open the door between the rooms about 1-2 inches; make sure its doorstopped on both sides, and let 'em swat paws at each other without being able to actually beat on one another.
*After a good long time on steps 1 & 2, let them duke it out on their own. They'll figure it out.
Some of you may remember one of the 100 Things About Me is that I hate conflict. The thought of my two kitties fighting isn't a pleasant one. And I'd hate to see my poor Beebs have to defend herself against a much younger, fitter puss.
However...the process has begun. Girlie is enjoying the comforts of the laundry room during the night.
5 years ago

3 comments:
I'm pretty sure Beebs can hold her own against the young wretch. Besides, if things started getting ugly she can just tuck into her impenetrable blubber-shield.
Not to mention that you tape the event and use the winnings from Americas Funniest Home Videos to fund Beebs continuing drug addiction.
Just a thought.....
Hey, I wonder if these steps would work for humans, too. Maybe we should try it!
Goodluck Jill... I'm really really curious to find out how it goes so please don't hesitate to blog.
Post a Comment