Wednesday, January 10

Snow Camp 2007!

Last weekend the youth group went to Gardom Lake Bible Camp for the annual Snow Camp. And this year we had LOTS AND LOTS of snow!!! It was glorious! This meant that we spent a lot of time on their fantastic tube hill. Yes, Snow Camp is much more than tubing alone...but that was my favorite part! Above you can see the hill, it doesn't look so steep in the picture but it is quite scary when you're there.
We went whipping down that hill so fast! Here Angela is holding the remnants of the tube she was riding....AFTER they hit the tree! (no one died, so don't fuss)
Here you can see the classic beginning-of-the-end. The beginning of the hill was quite steep, so the top person would often slide off and consequently be squashed by everyone else as they took their turn (I was that person more often than not).Preparing to launch!!!
The Ultimate Face Wash.
Aftermath.
After a particularly painful wipe-out, I was sure I was bleeding somewhere. And my ear really hurt. When I returned to the lodge, I found out I had broken the stick of my earring (below) and it had scraped my earlobe badly (its scabbed over now, thanks for asking). Luckily, the earring was the only casualty of the weekend (besides the one tube).
WARNING!!! BLOOD!



Don't worry he was fine, just a little scratched up from a stick that was living quite peacefully until it was nastily disturbed by some rowdy children on a tube.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those tubes are so dangerous. The last time I went on one was 2 years ago. That is something I will never do again. I burned my back so bad on the ice. I still have a scar to this day.