Thursday, January 11

Turmoil of the Worst Kind

Minus the gray hair (and the whole general apperance of this very frustrated woman, besides the fact that she is clutching her head), and you have a basic picture of myself.
As my career at Tim Hortons nears its close (I am giving notice...tomorrow? the day after? argh!) I am forced to look at other occuptational options.
In the distant future I was thinking of volunteering at Camp Homewood as an assistant cook for the Summer months. A couple nights ago I asked brother Mike (who works there full-time) to sort of test the waters for me in that department, and see if it looked promising.
Being the laid-back Islander he is, I wasn't expecting a response any time soon. I was mightily surprised to find that he had called this afternoon and left a message for me to call him back.
Well of course when I picked up the phone to do so, I got the "busy" signal. The same sound I heard every five minutes for the next hour and fifteen minutes! By then I was getting antsy. What did he have to say that made him call back so soon? It was totally unlike him!
Well when I DID finally get through, he said he had talked to the Director...and he was eager for me to come as early as February!!!
WHAT?!?!?!?!
That means I could be gone....soon! IF I go. But... but... but...
I'm totally ill-prepared mentally to leave so soon.
What about friends? Family? BEEBS! (i'd really, really, really, miss my little Beebs)
It wouldn't be a good move for making the moola, but I wouldn't be spending a lot either, so I could go either way financially.
And what if I hate it? I mean, I've cooked there before and its hard work, and I liked it...but what if I get sick of it? Would I be stuck there and hating it?
On the other hand:
What if I love it? What if moving away is just the sort of adventure I need right now? I'll get to explore the whole of Quadra Island with some of the funniest people on earth, I'll be closer to my good friend Karissa and possibly see her on weekends, and who knows I might meet someone during the summer that will want to go to Ireland with me!
I'm so confused. I need to think about this. Slowly. Thoroughly. Rationally.

AUUUUGHGHGHGHGHGH!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at it as adventure. Who wants their whole life mapped out for them, anyway!? Remember that life is what happens when you're making other plans. And every experience has value. You are young and now's the time to try new things. Talk, think, pray, and it'll all come together, whatever you decide.

Anonymous said...

Just do it! You'll never know if you'll get the chance again!!

Cardinal's Cove said...

Well, for just about telling you to quit on Monday, let me be the voice of objectivity today, and say that maybe you should hang on just a bit yet (if it's not too late).

If there is a possibility you are going to end up working at camp in February, then maybe it's best to hold off for a week or two and see what happens. We'd definitely miss you here, but if that's where God leads, then you have our full support!! Oh, and if homewood doesn't work out, GLBC needs an assistant cook too probably March to October! ;) But Mike's a little scary to work with! I don't know if I'd let you. :)

Anyways, we're praying for you. We'll pray for you Sunday night. God will reveal his plans to you. Just a little more patience...

Blessings Jill.

PJ said...

Thanks for all your thoughts guys! I really appreciate your input and support.