Friday, January 12

Thank God for Rational Parents

Honestly.
I was almost out of my mind last night. I'm such a freak-out prone person. As soon as this opportunity came up it send my head spinning in a million different directions.
For so long I've wanted to do something different, and go somewhere different, and try out my little almost-nineteen-year-old wings! This camp thing just seemed so convenient and it's come at such a good time, it sort of scared me. I've been talking about "flying away" for so long, now that the opportunity has come, I'm noticing lot of baby "feathers".
ANYWAY last night the only thing that kept me sane was my amazing parents. They gave me some really good advice, and sort of leveled my thoughts a bit.
So, with their input my tentative plan is to apply for the job in March, as opposed to February. I will spend most of February working at Tim Hortons some more, then take a week or so off to prepare myself for the move and such.
I talked to my manager today and told her February 16th will be my last day serving coffee.
So no matter if I DO got to the Island or not, I will not be at Timmy's past February 16th, which is a relief, and a step in the right direction I beleive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on quitting! (They should make cards for that!)

Camp sounds like a fun place to go...there's always good ole Alberta if you change your mind and want to work at a stinky mushroom farm.

Kriss said...

You must move to the Island! You must move to the Island! You must move to the Island!
I can't believe it! That would be so exciting if you were able to move out here. I could see you way more often and could come and pick you up and we could hang out on weekends and stuff. Oh my I'm so excited (please say that your going to take the job)! Anywho you wouldn't believe how excited I am about this. Yippy! Okay, I'll calm down now. :D
Kriss

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you, too, Jill. I'll miss you so much, I'm trying not to think about it. Little girls are not supposed to grow up and move away from their moms (in my humble opinion)!! I'll just have to come and visit you (if you'll let me). I'm glad you are excited about a change, though. And I'm happy for you and Karissa being closer together. See you tomorrow and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Jilly.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jilly Pilly!