Friday, March 2

Goodbye Girlie


The prodigal puss returned yesterday. It was a brief stay.
This morning I dropped her off at the SPCA.
I really didn't want her to have to go there, but what else could I do? There isn't a huge demand for stray cats with no records of anything about them. Beebs and her don't get along, and I'm leaving tomorrow...
Of course I felt guilty bringing her in. I know the SPCA is already struggling to find homes for their cats, and the last thing they need is another scrawny little tortiseshell. And Girlie cried so pitifully during the car ride...
The lady behind the desk was nice, but sceptical.
"Are you sure this isn't your cat?"
"Yes, I'm sure."
Gah.
I hope Girlie finds a nice home as soon as possible. She's such a nice, cuddly little thing.

(Picture: she liked the carrier, and purred when I put her inside.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodbye Girlie!! I think it would be so hard to bring an animal to the SPCA! You know what's going to happen to a cat that goes there...

netablogs said...

This cat was designated to be spayed/neutered, tatooed, etc, so I don't think she's on her way to cat heaven yet. She was Sooooo sweet. It's the pound where there is really no hope at all. :(