I leave tomorrow morning! AHHH! I can't believe I'm actually going after all this time. Its surreal.
Dublin is tomorrow's destination, and I'll be staying with Sam and Karen in their new home. Thursday morning I bus up to Belfast to meet Karissa and we're enjoying the company of the couples I met when I first arrived in October. After that its Ballycastle and beyond!
I'm so excited, but at the same time I get the fluttery butterflies when I think of us trekking around Ireland having no idea what we're doing!!! I have no doubts that we'll figure it out and it will all be fine, its just always nerve-wracking when I have to do new things like this.
As far as packing goes, I'm the worst ever.
I sort of have things set aside that I'm going to bring, but there's a load of laundry that is drying now, and bits and pieces of things lying about that will need to come, and I'm just kind wandering between the piles thinking, "I guess this all needs to go on my back at some point."
An adventure for sure.
In other news, yesterday was my last day at City Gates Cafe. Sigh. I really liked it there. I took pictures of Naomi and Padraig, and I bought that silly magnet for you Mom. I hope you feel terrible about contributing to consumer Christianity now. haha...
I also was given a free book! hooray! I didn't really know what I wanted, but my eye settled on Velvet Elvis, which I want to read again anyhow so I got that. Now I can add it to the pile of things that contribute to my suitcase being way overweight.
Speaking of which I've now posted 2 parcels of THINGS home, so that the said suitcase won't break the scales (and the bank). And there's still more here. How do I manage to accumulate so much? (Christmas, Birthday, and sales, that's how.)
Anyway, you can open them if you want Mom.
So, this is it...possibly the last blog post you will read here at PJ for a while. Or maybe not.
I'm really looking forward to sharing some pictures with you all when I get back! and perhaps some funny stories about two wandering Canadian girls and their experiences with the Irish peoples. Sounds like a bestseller.
Keep in touch!
LOVE-- Jill
5 years ago

4 comments:
Ahhh! I'm so excited, nervous, scared, happy, crazily wondering what things will be like, and so much more. Yay for two Canadian girls and their adventures!
I'll miss the posts, but will know that you guys are probably having some crazy adventures!
Keep in touch,... as much as is realistically possible, that is! have FUN!!
I think you're gone, but yes, have fun Jill!
Take lots of pictures!
LOL at cheesy magnets. ;)
Post a Comment