Sunday, May 25

I Take It Back.

I'd Do Anything is not the most wonderful tv show ever, in fact its really stupid.
I thought it was a competition based on talent, but apparently I was crazy and its all about who is young and hot, and does what it takes to win over a predominantly male panel.
Saturday night I was rejoicing because Rachel, the girl who would've had my vote if those in the Republic could vote, outshone the rest. She was the only one who didn't receive any criticism from the panel, and rightly so. It was generally agreed that she is fabulous.
Arch Nemesis Samantha, aged 17 and dress size 0, did her usual thing, didn't show the "vulnerability" that the judges had asked for last week, and her pitch was off in a couple spots, but in the words of John Barrowman: "It doesn't matter."
Since Andrew Llyod Webber has the choice to 'save' whoever he wants in a sing-off, I've been getting a sneaky suspicion that he's already chosen who he wants to win the final, and votes have no sway over who it's gonna be. And its no secret that Samantha is a favorite of his.
Anyway to bring my ranting to a close, Rachel and Samantha were in the bottom two, and surprise, surprise: Rachel got the boot.
I must ask why the superior actress/voice was removed from the competition when the judges said only last night that it was Samantha that needed work?
I may be sadly disillusioned but I think it has everything to do with sex appeal, in which case I wash my hands of this ridiculous show. If that's what I wanted to watch, I'd tune into the search for the next Pussycat Doll.
The only good thing about this is that I won't feel I'm missing anything when I'm gone for the last few episodes.
I hope Rachel's career takes off and that she ultimately ends up happier that she didn't become the poster girl for that silly old ALW musical. Hurumph.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you enjoyed the show up till now. Dumb judges!!

Too bad you couldn't vote...it would have really changed things! :)