Tuesday, May 20

Going Wild!


I've done it!
I booked my Scotland tour!
Since Karissa and I wanted to do Ireland properly and visit all the cool nooks and crannies that the Emerald Isle has to offer, we opted not to visit the UK beyond Antrim and Derry. I was rather disappointed since I have a great longing to see Desmond's homeland.
Wild in Scotland is a bus tour that I had bookmarked ages ago before I had ever even heard of Fermoy, and it popped up again when I was looking at the Ireland/Scotland/England tour (that was discontinued) .
It looks like great value for money, and not to mention really fun!
I wasn't sure it was the right thing for me to do at the time, and its part of the reason I was stressing so bad last week, because when I emailed them I heard that there was only one spot left, and I felt pressured to make a decision. I decided to leave it and pray about it until I felt some peace about going.
Needless to say, I think I made the right choice in booking today. I feel good about it and really excited!
The tour I am going on is five days long, which squeezed perfectly into the 7 days I have between the end of the Fermoy summer camp and my flight out of London.
Some highlights of the trip will be hearing tales of William Wallace in Stirling, searching for the Loch Ness monster in its natural habitat, witnessing the creation of Orkney cheese, and sleeping in a castle!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jill, that must mean they answered your email? I'm so excited for you!! That castle looks incredible!!

Kriss said...

Hooray! I'm glad that you're getting to see Scotland. I must admit though, I am disapointed that we didn't get to do the sweet one we were hoping on...oh well. I'm sure you'll have fun though!

Becks said...

Find me a Scottish guy!...I think I'd marry one just for their accent.

Anonymous said...

6 more days to go!!!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures!