Monday, September 15

Caffienated Consequences

I used to drink coffee a lot more than I do now. In the past year I've moved over to tea- not because I don't like coffee, but because in Ireland they just drink TEA allllll the time, and its also healthy for you...so its guilt-free. I like that.
If I drink coffee frequently, the caffeine doesn't effect me too much, but when I've been holding out for a while...well, things can get a little out of control.
When I poured myself a mug of coffee at C&C last night, the possible consequences didn't even cross my mind. I enjoyed it to the full (even though I accidentally put waaaay too much creamer in) and thought nothing of it.
Until I lay my head down to sleep at 11pm, and my eyelids seemed to have mysteriously disappeared behind my sockets.
And my toes wiggled of their own accord.
And I fidgeted, and tossed, and turned, and I thought, "OH NO! I'M GOING TO BE SO TIRED TOMORROW MORNING!!!!!" All in capital letters.
There was a buzzing in my brain, and my heart was doing a spastic dance.
Its sad, really.
One little mug of coffee at 7PM kept me up all night.
For real.
I never got past the dozy stage between 11 pm until 4 am.
After 4 it was game over. I couldn't close my eyes, so I basically watched my clock until 6 when I got up for school.
I think I should stick to tea.

4 comments:

Alex H. said...

hahahah Jill< I love your words =)
Poor you....
But yes...tea drinkers are the cool people
Stay in the cool group =)

Becks said...

I've known your pain. There are few things worse than feeling exhausted but being unable to sleep due to caffeine.

Joshua Geddert said...

I have found recently that coffee does not affect me in the caffeine area, but works as a laxative hahaha, sorry to share these grisly details with you but, s'only the truth.
I agree.... stick to tea... and you will be filled with glee!

MashedTaterz said...

I'm waiting impaitiently for your "a got a new car" blog.......