1. The BFG. My instructor for Veg & Starches, and Entrees. It not only stands for Big Friendly Giant, but Big Frightening Giant, because his moods are across the board. One second we can be laughing at stupid jokes about the Spice Girls, and the next he's shouting,
"What the hell are you doing?!" (<- happened today. My blood ran cold.) He also happens to be very tall. He has to duck through doors. Its true.
2. Ned Schneebly. So named for his striking resemblance to Mike White's character in School of Rock. I almost laughed out loud the first time I saw him. He will be teaching me about Soups & Stocks in two weeks, as well as Meat Cutting at some point.
EDIT: Ned's name is now officially changed to Toby.
Ever watched "The Office" ? Need I say more?3. Gordon Ramsey (Cold Kitchen- salads, sandwiches, etc) It took me a long time to settle on this one. There are probably more apt titles for this instructor, but none of them would pass the PJ editor's approval. Gordon is very, very loud. All of the time. He is what we would call an "Aggressive Communicator". He will probably make me cry at some point this year.
4. "Grandfather" is really the only name that can properly describe our instructor for baking and desserts. He seems like the sweetest old man ever. He is always smiling and happy, he has a sweet European accent, and a gray mustache, AND he brings us goodies to eat at lunch. What is there not to love? I am so excited for baking class, I can't even tell you.
5. Mr Clean is bald like his namesake, also very insistent on cleanliness. He appears to be friendly, but I was always slightly mistrustful of the Mr Clean we saw on the commercials because you never know when that massive fist could be turned against you. I haven't seen much of this instructor since he teaches Breakfasts over in the Norkam cafeteria.
There you have it. I can never be pegged for slander.

2 comments:
I like the new look of your blog. How are you liking school so far? You made me laugh out loud with that first description! You got your mom's writing talent, that's for sure!
Oohhh...I just can't wait to hear stories about all of these characters.
Post a Comment