Thursday, November 20

Frosty Window Wisdom

Wednesday morning my car windows had an impressive layer of frost on them.
Its very cold and dark at 6:30 AM, almost perfectly silent, and my brain is functioning at its most basic level.
Bundled in coat and mitts, I begin to chip the frost off with my (mom's) handy-dandy scraper tool.
I begin at the driver door window, and move right to the backseat window. And so on to the rear window...and then the other passenger window...
Suddenly a figure appears next to me. Its wearing a head lamp.
"Don't worry," it says, "Only six months until you won't have to do this anymore."
The figure, who is a old man with a short gray beard, chuckles, and then walks away.

I pause.
So many questions.
Who is this person? Why have they come to me?
What is the significance of his statement?

Perhaps it was Old Man Winter.
Or maybe it was the old guy that delivers the Daily News in that truck parked across the street.

Either way I was too tired to give it much thought.
Until now.
He was really random.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh goodness Jill. If it wasn't for being so late, i would have laughed out loud.

that is so random
creepy
but funny

Anonymous said...

"Old Man Winter" *snort* You crack me up.

Anonymous said...

maybe it was your beardy brother..

Kriss said...

Okey, that must have been somewhat creepy, but funny all at the same time.