And really, I'm not too choked up about it. Sometimes when I'm picking out a rental on Friday night, I think there must be something good that I would probably really like to see if only I knew about it. But most of the time, I'm not anticipating anything.

Except this. I've already admitted to being a little bit nuts about the Harry Potter series, and while I'm not crazy about the movies, I definitely will see them in theaters! Its this weird part of me that knows it will not be nearly as satisfying as reading the book, but dying to know what it's gonna look like on the big screen!
Anyway, I was very excited to see the release date as July 15 (though, as you can see on the poster, this is bumped back from the original release date). Its really not that far away! Also, I really liked "The Half-Blood Prince", and I think it will translate pretty well into cinema, which "Order of the Phoenix" didn't accomplish. (that's ok. It was my least-favorite book. I wasn't expecting much)
I read the entire series up to "Prince" my second summer CIT-ing at Homewood, when it was just released. This means not many people knew the latest developments in the story, so there was no one to spoil it for me.
My, oh my. Its such a great story. It holds you right to the end, and then you frantically read the last couple chapters in a panicked frenzy, not quite believing how its all turning out, but knowing that anything could happen...
For those of you who haven't read the books, and don't know the story
But will you go see the movie with me when it comes out?
Its gonna be gooooood!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment