While I believe Party-er Mouse met his demise at the fangs of Daphne the Cat, there is a new annoyance to keep me up at night.
Party Mouse's young padawan is not as noisy, but a mouse in your house, is a mouse in your house, and hearing him shuffle about "upstairs" is not the kind of sound I like to fall asleep to.
Eventually, however, I did drop off, until about 4 in the morning, when I woke up to a loud "SNAP!!!"
Of course that jolted me out of never never land, and I listened with wide eyes as there was the usual thumping of what is (usually) a partier's death throes.
Then something that had never happened before, happened. I heard the squeak of springs, and the thumping stopped. Did he escape? I wondered, groggily, before drifting off again.
When I investigated this morning, the trap was indeed set off, and empty.
Houdini escaped. I don't know how. Maybe he is wandering around missing a limb...and hopefully he won't come back.
5 years ago

2 comments:
Oh man. I've totally had that happen before. And the worst part was that the mouse was wise to the trap after that and it took a long time to catch it.
Oh, and just so you don't feel alone in your adventures with mice, we had one in our house on Friday. Cam and Paige screamed so loud that they could've woken the dead. Thankfully the mouse was caught lickety-split!
You should have seen the doozy of a mouse in our pool.. dead, of course.. and very large. I can't decide if it was large due the bloating that occurs when one is underwater for a long time OR it was, in fact, a packrat, as my neighbour believes. Ewwww..... I didn't thing there were packrats around here!
Post a Comment