So here is what I propose...
Its new. Its daring. And it will promote bloggy goodwill everywhere.
Its also an experiment! I am excited, aren't you?!
See, I think that when you comment on a persons' blog, they are more likely to return the favor, and comment on yours.
I call this...
Comment Karma!
Karma: the concept of a system where beneficial effects are derived from past beneficial actions and harmful effects from past harmful actions.Let's start a comment revolution!
Here's how its going to work.
You begin by commenting on..lets say...five...different blogs.
They can be the blogs of someone you know, someone you don't know, a blog you've read for a while but never commented on, or a blog you just stumbled across this minute. Or whatever. My point is, it can be any blog. But I think it will work better if you comment on more personal blogs, rather than huge well-known blogs that get 1000+ comments every day.
For those of you unused to commenting, it doesn't have to be anything profound! I think comment content is what scares people off commenting the most. Honestly now, if you have a blog, have you ever got a comment that you just thought, "Wow that is a stupid comment, why did they even bother writing that?". The correct answer is NO! If you are anything at all like me, you will be so excited about actually getting a comment, comment critique will be the last thing on your mind!
So go ahead, type out a quick, "I totally agree! By the way, I like your blog", and you will make some blogger very happy. Eventually you can move on to more interesting comments. Baby steps, remember?
Back to the C.K. program here.
The next day, drop off four comments. Any blogs. Doesn't matter. The catch is, if you got any comments in the last day you have to return the comment karma, given the commenter has a blog. This can be included in your four required comments if you are feeling stingy.
Still with me?
Next day: 3 comments. And you still have to karma comment to every comment you have received.
Day after that: 2 comments + comment karma.
And after that: 1 comment + comment karma.
After that....well hopefully everyone will be commenting away that the comment karma will be on such a roll that no one can stop it!
I'm kinda stoked about this. Think it'll work?

7 comments:
I don't think it will work. Wanna' know why? I have proven it to myself. I regularly comment on 23 blogs...blogs of people I actually know and am friends with...and most times I'm lucky to get 8 comments on my posts.
Dear PJ,
You have a fun blog and I enjoy reading it! yes, I must admit I have been lurking for a l-o-n-g time! I finally commented on your mum's blog a little while ago. It still seems kinda creepy to me that I enjoy reading your blogs. - well at least my kids say so "you don't even know them!" So I think that's where my comment phobia comes from.
My blog lurking began when my daughter started a blog, which I had enjoyed but she stopped blogging. I have 2 daughters and they are aprox your age. I don't really enjoy writing things out myself and have never ventured into the blog world. I criticize anything I comment on, and think "that's sounds lame" and promptly erase all! So, but this time I suppose I will be brave! Hope you have a wonderful day, with lots of comments :)
"I totally agree! By the way, I like your blog" ha! ha!
...I think you are a little impatient.
If you had just waited more then,let's see, ONE DAY more people would have commented.
Just saying.
But HANNAH it was PJ's birthDAY! that's only one day long!
You are most definitely right though, I am impatient. Thanks for commenting anyway! Are you joining the comment revolution?
Sonya...don't give up hope! by taking part in Comment Karma, others will be drawn in!
Vivian, I am so glad you delurked! Since I read so many blogs of people I don't know (and sometimes get brave enough to comment) I definitely don't feel creeped out by strangers reading mine :)
Thanks for leaving a comment, its nice to have readers!
Mom...I KNEW you were going to say that!
No comment.
Sorry. I had to!!!!
You know. A well-opinionated/structured and thoughtful comment can really make a break a persons day I think. I can't tell you how delightful it is to find out that someone actually took the time to read and ponder one of my posts. It's harder when you don't a large online circle, or have many "followers" persay, but that comes with time I would assume.
Post a Comment