Wednesday, December 2

The Surest Way to Drive Me Mad


I just played 2 round of Blokus with my brother Tim...and he beat me easily both times. It is so infuriating!
If you haven't played this game before, let me just say that it CAN be fun. Each player gets the same pieces, just different colors, and you have to each try and get more of your pieces on the board. The thing is, all of your pieces have to be attached to each other, and can only attach diagonally.
At the beginning of the game I always think I'm doing well, but then all of a sudden he sneaks a piece through my wall of defense and then it quickly goes downhill from there. Before I know what is happening, I'm left will all these weird and wonky pieces, and all he has to do it fit his little 2's and 3's into whatever crannies are left.

It doesn't help that he mocks me the whole time, and makes fun of my moves, and tells me to hurry up. I don't think I will play with him anymore. Or else I'll just suggest we play "Egyptian War" (it goes by another name too, but I don't remember it), which is just impossible for him to win against me. THEN we'll see how smug he is...

7 comments:

Kriss said...

I love that game! Except that much like you, I loose much more often than I win. But I still love it!

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of this game but it sounds like something I should avoid.

Joshua Geddert said...

Haha dumb Timmy!
I love blokus too!
I always win too soo... there ha.
There is hope for you Jill...
You said he sneaks through your wall of defence... youll just have to go on the offensive next time.

Danica said...

he he he he

Anne Geddert said...

I beg to differ with JDG - He doesn't ALWAYS win - but unfortunately he does at most of the other games we play. Lanny and I love Blokus as well - we have 2 player and 4 player.

Becks said...

I hate that game. Probably because I can never win it. Spacial reasoning isn't my gifting.

PJ said...

Josh I want to a showdown between you and Tim!
Glad to know I'm not the only one that sucks at that game, anyway :)