I didn't realize that it started in Valleyview, and had come to the conclusion that I would be working at its time of arrival, and therefore would miss this most exciting event.
Little did I know I had a date with destiny.
My mother was the one that informed me I would have a chance to view one of the runners before work, and she dragged myself and my brother off the couch to witness it.
We drove out through all the traffic, parked, got a hot drink, and arrived at the sidewalk in front of Valleyview Seconday just as the festivities began.
A few decorated cars were slowly going by, blaring music, with runners handing out flags and tambourines. (Tambourines?? Whaaat??)
Mom was rather exited, and got right into the spirit of things, clapping and doing a jig and such. Me? I wouldn't be caught dead doing what these people were doing.
Then it happened.The coca-cola truck approached.
Whatevs, right? I mean, come on I don't even drink coke, and if given the choice, I'll drink Pepsi instead (please don't throw things at me).
But this was different.I had my rooibus latte in one hand, and because I am an addicted blogger, I had my camera in the other. I focused in on the shiny red truck thundering by.
One of the runners turned.
I thought, "He wants to be in my picture. Isn't that nic-"
He started running towards me.
He smiled.
He thrust a coke bottle at me.
I juggled my belongings, to accommodate the new arrival.
I smiled.
Our eyes met.
This was IT.
Leaving only a token of his love for me to cherish forever.
I don't know your name, or where you are from, but I will never forget you, Mr Coke-bottle guy.Love like this doesn't happen every day...
Oh ya, and we saw the torch bearer too.

6 comments:
Sure, the cute Coke guy might have given you a free fancy bottle but that will never change the fact that PEPSI RULES!!!
And for the record, I most certainly did NOT do a jig!! That would have been totally out of character for me! ;)
Oh come on, I don't even know you that well and I can picture you doing a jig Aneta! :)
Cool. I missed it entirely...
Haha. NIce. I love the photoshop job. Glad to see you were able to take part of the festivities.
I was only so so in terms of joining the crowds, but I figure...it's once in a lifetime. I have to have SOMETHING I can "tell my grandkids" one day. :P
alas, my poor computer would implode if I used photoshop...this has been handcrafted in Paintbrush :P
It's kind of like Romeo and Juliet. But with toques.
Post a Comment