I went to a live show up in a small, artsy upper-floor room, downtown, to see Ari Neufeld and Scott Dunbar...both "One man band"s.
I don't (ok, almost never) go to see live music, and I didn't really know what it would be like, but I loved it!
These guys were so talented, it was a little mind-blowing. They would play an instrument, sing, and then keep a rhythm on a drum with their feet, as well as with little bells and wooden beads attached to their legs. Crazy!!! Ari was always hopping around, it looked like dance.
They played a variety of instruments, from acoustic guitar, to accordion, to banjo, and the atmosphere was extremely relaxed...couches, a coffee bar, people sitting on the floor...I thought it was great, and would gladly pay the $10 cover to see them again, and again.The CD's are good, but nothing can really compare to watching these guys perform right there in front of you (I had a great view, if not a comfortable seat :D)
Thanks for recommending the show, Rebekah!
Well, that was Friday night.
Saturday morning a couple friends and I hopped into a car and drove out to Kelowna for some bargain shopping at Orchard Park Mall. Its late January, so the good sales are on now, as the stores are clearing out their winter inventory, and the Kelowna mall has a lot of stores that we don't have in Kamloops.
The 2 hour drive is a bit of a trip, but it was a good time to do a little socializing, and ask some tough questions...like, why is there a mural of a tiger on the Westwold elementary school?
And...does the Ogopogo really exist?
And...is Rishelle going to be the crazy lady that feeds the duck in park when she's old? Or has it already begun? Can we save her from this fate?
And...why haven't I ever had Wonton soup before??
It was a good day.

6 comments:
Sounds like a really fun weekend!
Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed Ari so much. I was sad i got there so late. But the time I was there for was enjoyable. Scott Dunbar - love the accordian!
Looks like you ladies had a good time in Kelowna. I was bummed I couldn't go out. We'll have to make another late springish? trip!
I loved the accordian too! Wish you could have seen more of it, because it was really incredible.
Sounds like you ladies had fun in Kelowna. :) Glad to hear it!
Ogopogo does exist. You were sitting on him!
I had to stand at the back of the concert the whole time, but it was still good!
Looks like fun times.
miss your bloggin'!
Post a Comment