
After I had completed a few rows, I noticed a number of evenly spaced holes about 3 rows back. Somehow I had done my "m1" (make 1 stitch) all wrong, and now there were gaps. ARGH! I had to pull out all those rows and redo it.
That took a while, but when I had rectified the situation I felt much better.
Then I got to powerhouse through 12 rows of plain knitting. That was wonderfully restful.
Its those darned M1's that get me.
Somewhere near the midafternoon I got messed up trying to add more stitches, and when I tried to fix it, it just got worse and worse. I had 108 stitches when I should have had 110, and I couldn't figure out how that had happened, or where to put those two extra stitches.
It was very frustrating. Very, very frustrating.
Now my toque has been sitting in the time-out corner for a very long time.
I need my mom to come home and fix it for me, because I just can't face it anymore.
To distract myself I look at the wool.
You can't really tell from this photo, but its quite unique. Sometimes the thread is super super thin, and then in other places its all thick and puffy. This is because it is handspun (and dyed over a wood fire, as well!). I love the way it looks.Its called "Manos wool clasica", and its from an organization called "Manos del Uruguay" (which means 'The Hands of Uruguay'). The tag reads,
I guess its not quite fair trade, but considering I didn't even read the tag before I bought it...hopefully it is as helpful an organization as they make it sound.
"Manos del Uruguay is a non-profit organization which asssembles over 400 artisans in cooperatives scattered throughout the countryside of Uruguay. The aim of the organization is to bring econimic and social opportunites to rural women."
Anyway, that's as long as I can distract myself from the fact that I can't work on my knitting project. ARGH!

1 comment:
Don't worry. Practice makes perfect. You'll be kinitting away like your mother in no time flat.
Post a Comment