I'm sorry I've been so neglectful of my blog this past week!
Besides having no ideas, my computer has been laying down the hate on me. It got a virus, and then a day after that was fixed (thanks to my awesome brother, Paul!) a blue screen popped up and wouldn't let me on...my Dad tells me that windows needs to be reinstalled or something. Its all gibberish to me. So, at the moment, I am without a computer of my own...I have to bum off everyone else (when they aren't on theirs...which is not as much time as you might think!)
I don't know when this problem will be resolved.
In the meantime, I've gone to library and taken out a whole bunch of books on WWII to occupy myself. I even reread Things We Couldn't Say and sniffled my way through the last chapter. I don't usually cry over books, but that one pulls my heart strings. Its up for loan again if you're interested!
I also have some great news!
I am officially employed by the hospital in food services! Its such a relief to have a job again! I am on-call to begin with, but by the sounds of it I will be getting a lot of hours. Next Monday I begin with my orientation, and then I'm going to be training in all the different positions. I'm always a little nervous starting new jobs because there is so much to remember, but I'm sure in a month or two I will be totally fine.
I am also hoping to keep my cleaning job, seeing as I will never work past 8pm at the hospital, which still leaves time open in the evening to do my 3/4 hours at the office.
I'm excited to finally be able to do some serious saving for school, though I don't know how long I'll be able to keep up 11-12 hours work days! I guess its just making up for these months of slacking off!
Katie and I went shopping for my scrubs yesterday, which was fun! I've secretly always wanted scrubs, but I never had any reason to buy them, and I never, ever, EVER, expected to be working in a hospital...seeing as I have a debilitating fear of them. I think I'll be ok in the cafeteria though.
Anyway, that's what's new...I'll try and be good about blogging, but after next week I make no promises. I might not be as frequent as I have been these past months when I had nothing to do all day!
5 years ago

2 comments:
You got scrubs! I'm super jealous. I've always secretly wanted some too. When Kelsey got her first pair I was so jealous and now I'm jealous all over again...but like you I have a fear of hospitals and don't think I'll ever work in one; hence, no need for scrubs.
Confession: I too have always secretly thought it would be cool to own scrubs. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you.
Congrats on the new job! I'm sure you'll get lots of blogging material there. :)
Post a Comment