Wednesday, March 19

Irish Aspirations Acheived

Last year's St. Patrick's was an Irish Experience to be sure, but this year is probably as Irish a St. Patrick's Day as I'm likely to experience ever!
Despite the combined Canadian-ness of myself and Matt (who stopped in for a visit this week, during his tour of Europe) we enjoyed a thoroughly Irish parade in small-town Fermoy, which was surprisingly long! There were plenty of red leprechaun beards, tall green hats, and shamrocks to go around! I felt especially Irish when I could pick quite a few people out of the parade that I knew, and waved or chatted to others in the crowd!(One of the girls from our Teens Club)
Afterwards Matt and I popped into "Charlie Browne's" for some free Irish Stew, and yes...I tried my first Guinness!!!
The adventures continued yesterday, but I'll do a special post on that later...

3 comments:

MashedTaterz said...

Hmmm, I was wondering how long it would take before the evil Irish brew would get the best of you.

Anonymous said...

I just want it known that I did not force this upon her, it was her idea and I was just there to witness it for posterity.

Becks said...

mmm...looks good.

Sounds like a fun st. patty's day.