I want you to get yourself a glass.
Or you can get a plastic cup. I won't discriminate.
Fill it with a thirst-quenching liquid of your choice.(I chose water because I'm soooooo healthy like that.)

And as you drink your refreshing beverage, I want you to concentrate on one thing. This is the question: Where do you look when you are sipping? Or guzzling? Or whatever?
Now go and do it before reading on! I don't want you to be influenced!
Here's the thing: I look outside my glass. Anywhere but right in front of me. I am the Alert One, keeping an eye out for would-be attackers. I did grow up with 3 brothers you know. I also just like to keep tabs on what's going down around me.

My Little Brother, Tim, however, is Intent Upon the Beverage. Meaning, he stares straight into the cup, enjoying the pretty colors (he never drinks water) that are slipping and sliding down into his esophagus.

So which category do you fall into? Alert? Intent? Or perhaps a third, known as the Blissful One, which closes their eyes to fully enjoy each delightful molecule of flavor as it passes over their tastebuds? I want to know!

3 comments:
Alert - I look straight ahead.
I am deffinetly in the same boat as Tim here... if the drink is good I will look down into the depths, the soul of the drink and think about it's amazingness.
But when it's a boring drink... such as water... no offence... I look around and more interesting things!
I look straight up a the roof... i am not a sipper.. i slam that baby back in giant gulps, which requires that I tip the head back quite far... This means i am looking squarely at the roof..
Post a Comment